Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Silent Morning by Noel

Noel's "Silent Morning" is often binned to the genre Latin Freestyle. I actually didn't know this because 1) I'd never heard of Latin Freestyle until a few days ago, and 2) it sounded an awful lot like every other dance track getting 12" releases in 1989. Noel himself is a Puerto Rican New Yorker, who sings, and according to the music video, dances quite well too (the dancing I can see being called freestyle, but not the music itself.) Hopefully he doesn't also belong to a gang called The Jets, because that would just be ridiculously stereotypical.

Apparently, Noel actually released more material than just this. I never heard of it, though… I bought the 12" single back in the day on vinyl, because that's all that was available that I ever saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment