Tuesday, October 5, 2010

American-Soviets by C.C.C.P.

I'm starting to get to the point where it's not always a given that I'll be able to find a copy of the song I'm looking for to embed. Maybe I need to rip and upload a few youtube videos of my own when I get there to cover the gaps.

So, rather than going with a rather strange and sinister instrumental track by Camouflage called "Pompeji", I'm going to post the Paul Cameron remix (i.e., the one that everyone heard all the time in the clubs) of C.C.C.P.'s "American-Soviets."

The idea of reducing the Cold War down to a phone call between Ronald Reagan and Mikhail Gorbachev to play a regularly scheduled chess match was kind of cheeky, but I guess that's probably the secret to the song's success, really.

C.C.C.P. didn't really release anything else of note, although they had a few other things in their catalog. This is probably the only song you've heard of theirs, if you've heard it at all. And, ironically, it removes all of the vocals.


No comments:

Post a Comment