Monday, October 11, 2010

October Love Song by Chris & Cosey

After working for a few years as half of the pioneering industrial group Throbbing Gristle, Chris Carter and Cosey Fanni Tutti went on to form Chris & Cosey. While I have to admit that I'm not really all that familiar with their total output of work, I heard their first release, "October Love Song" years ago and have loved it ever since. It's quite a departure from some of their Throbbing Gristle work, which is, to put it mildly, a bit inaccessible. That could also fairly be said of much of their work as Chris & Cosey that I've heard here and there, but "October Love Song" on the other hand is almost a synthpop song. I mean, it lacks the normal pop verse chorus verse chorus etc. structure, but everything else about it is a perfect fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment