Wednesday, April 25, 2018

You Better Run (Dance Mix) by Dark A.T.8.

Dark A.T.8. is one of the very early projects of DJ Wag, before he took on that specific name.  He often worked with various partners (his most famous being with Martin Roth (Y.O.M.C.) and Mike Staab (where the duo used many names, but the most famous is Yakooza.)

This one goes all the way back to 1994, although an even earlier Dark A.T.8. song clocks in at 1992, showing that indeed hardtrance existed almost as long ago as the advent of trance period (although I don't know that the label as specifically used, or at least widely so that long ago.  Of course, according to Discogs, you never know for sure what labels some of those songs will get.  Just because DJ Wag is a hardtrance artist doesn't mean that 1992's "Was Guckst Du Lan" won't be called techno.  Because it is.)

I picked up, from Amazon, Techno Classics 1990-2010 which is really a big "greatest hits" DJ Wag mp3 collection (65 mp3 files).  Oddly, some of them are not very good quality files—I had to clean up some skips in one using cut and pastes of a few beats from nearby, for instance, I had to remove obvious hiss and pops from others. 

It also has some weird alternate remix and artist names from how these songs were originally released, which has made figuring out exactly what I've got kind of odd sometimes.  I find often that I do have these songs, under a different name (sometimes this is obvious, like when I have the DJ Scot Project remix of Nightclub's "French Kiss" but here it says that's by Yakooza.  Which are the exact same two people as Nightclub, so that's no big deal... but again, I've already got two mixes of the Nightclub song.  I'm pretty sure that one of them is the same mix, but that the other one is one that I didn't already have.  Still need to investigate.

And that was one of the more obvious ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment