Thursday, April 26, 2018

The Messiah (Resurrection Mix) by Tommy Pulse

By 2009, when Tommy Pulse released this, hardtrance was certainly a fading expression of EDM.  Curiously, Discogs calls this release both hardtrance and hardstyle, although I'm not quite sure why, because it's clearly the former, and stretching it big time to call it the latter.

"Tommy" (stage name of Dutch DJ Bastiaan Tichelaar, about as Dutch a name as I've ever seen) has been around for quite a while, using a variety of aliases.  Under the Tommy Pulse name I'll eventually be posting quite a few more, no doubt, because I have a lot on my list (including many versions of "The Answer" which was the In Qontrol anthem of 2005, I've also got multiple versions of, for instance, "No Alternative" by RBA, which is Bas and a few of his early friends, although it's in many ways a remake of "Kernkraft 400" by Zombie Nation (which was itself a remake of an old Commodore 64 video games' theme, "Lazy Jones."

But let's not get ahead of ourselves.  No doubt some "No Alternative" will come up in its own due time in the randomization.  As will "Kernkraft 400" for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment