Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Strange World by Jay Walker

Jay Walker (also JK Walker, Jay K Walker, JKW and more—real name John Stembridge) got a bunch of attention as "the British answer to Scot Project" and that's probably fair.  He put out some insane originals, but some even more monster remixes.  He's not quite as prolific or well known as Scot Project, and even in my own collection, I've probably only got about half as much that belongs to him as I do Scot Project.  But what I have is just as good; in fact, I think much of it is better.  I like some Scot Project work as much as the next guy, but he didn't literally turn everything he touched to gold, and I sometimes think that his quality is over-rated (if not his influence.  That's probably fair.)

Anyway, "Strange World" is curious; it's a bootleg that got a physical release (not just put up on Soundcloud or YouTube or whatever, because it predates those) and it's kind of a mashup and remix of two existing trancers: "Strange World" by Push and "The Promiseland" by Hypetraxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment