Monday, May 21, 2018

99.9 (Scot Project's Under The Knife Remix) by the Organ Donors

Two of my hardtrance love/hate relationships combine into one track here.  The Organ Donors are a duo that end up wandering as much into subground territory as hardtrance most of the time, and they have a bit of that quintessential British house sound that I don't like (I do like the British acid sound, however.  And the Brits did some really good classic hardtrance here and there, although when they did, it was almost always compared to what the Germans were doing; i.e. "Jay Walker is the British Scot Project!"  However, some of their material is still pretty cool and qualifies as capable of being in my "best of" collection.

Scot Project is another one who, while his stamp and influence is unmistakable, I often think is over-rated.  He did some good work, but not everything he did was wonderful, and he's far from my favorite artist or remixer either one.  Maybe love/hate is too strong a word to describe either of them; more like, "yeah, that's pretty cool" contrasted with complete apathy.  I can't quite motive myself to hate anything that either of them have done, but I rarely really love it either as what I'd call an absolute paragon of the genre.

But this is a good remix of a good Organ Donors song, and a pretty good example of stuff that makes my best of list, but wouldn't make a much more exclusive VIP room within the best of folder, were I to create such a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment