Monday, December 10, 2018

Life on Mars [Extended Mix] by Pulsedriver & Rocco

I really, really love this song.  More recent than you might think, it's a throwback to the heyday of hardtrance, Wave II style, by two Wave II artists.

Granted, the Rave Mix is slightly better, I think.  But both versions are just great tracks.  One of the reasons I love it, I think, is that it goes a bit against the grain.  I really love the menacing, dark sounds that most hardtrance songs have, because it fits the genre so well, and because it's just my nature to like dark, menacing music (that's why back in the 80s, I always preferred Depeche Mode to Erasure and the Pet Shop Boys.)  But because most of it fits that vein anyway, the ones that don't and still manage to be very well done tracks tend to be among my very favorites precisely because they're different.

No comments:

Post a Comment