Monday, September 17, 2018

Harder [Club Mix] by Pedro del Mar

In spite of his stage name, Pedro del Mar isn't Spanish.  Discogs claims that he's German, but given his last name, I doubt that that's true in any real sense, either, only a paperwork or legal sense.  He also doesn't really look very German (and his brother, Roger Shah looks even less so), so I'm guessing that he's actually a Paki or Afghan or Iranian or something.  Both are DJs, although I don't think hardtrance is really their main thing; I think they do more progressive and balearic trance

Regardless, this is a really nifty song.  One of my favorites in the hardtrance genre, honestly.  It's maybe not quite as hard or intense as some in the genre, but it's more melodic.  You would think that that would mean that I'd be trending more towards classic trance, or other derived trance forms other than hardtrance, but actually the exaggerated kicks and super intense bass lines are one of my favorite parts of hardtrance.  The melodic nature of trance itself is the other part, which is why I prefer hardtrance to hardstyle, or hardcore or hard house or hardtechno or other acts under the more general the harddance rubric.  Not that I don't like a lot of stuff there too, but hardtrance is easily my favorite of the harddance styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment